Leadership Development Opportunities for District and Campus Leaders
- Feb. 13, 2018 - Promising Practices for Priority Schools Leadership Summit
- May 24, 2018 - Visioning Schools of Promise Leadership Collaborate
To register, visit www.hcde-texas.org/register (search by title).
Don't miss our Early Bird Specials!
Principal Preparation and Certification Academy
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Currently hold an advanced degree (master’s or higher) from an accredited university or be in the last semester of completing an advanced degree
- Valid Texas Teacher Certificate
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in a PK-12 setting
- Record of successful leadership experience within professional or community activities
- Successful completion of application process
- Accelerated delivery model allows for shorter time to reach certification goal
- Convenience of once-a-month weekend seminars (Saturday)
- Experts-in-the-field instructors with extensive hands-on knowledge of the craft
- Small cohorts allow for personalization and one-on-one feedback
- Engage in hands-on common field experiences with extensive support and feedback from program personnel
- Conduct action research to gain practice with developing systems for school change
- Gain valuable facilitative leadership skills that can be utilized immediately in your current position
- Engage in reflective practice with support from colleagues and program personnel
- Successful completion of the Texas Principal EC-12 certification; and
- Increase the knowledge and skill sets required for exemplary practice in the field of campus-level educational leadership
For details, visit the program framework.