Harris County Department of Education provides professional development and instructional support to administrators, teachers, support personnel, students, parents and the community. Our consultants work with administrators and staff as part of program improvement planning to help design and meet staff development needs. We also support educators through curriculum development, alignment and implementation. Consultants are available on a long-term basis for specified projects.
- Leadership Group Meetings: Join HCDE Leadership Groups to communicate and network with other professionals in the community. The group is open to directors, coordinators, supervisors, and lead teachers in public schools and other educational settings, including universities.
- Campus-Based Professional Development: We work with schools and/or school districts to design and implement teacher professional development that meets specific needs of the community.
- Classroom Support: Mentor/coach teachers through observations, model lessons, classroom management and lesson planning.
- Customized Training: Customized staff development for districts and/or campuses.
- Professional Development Workshops: Browse our catalog for upcoming workshops at HCDE