HCDE offers learning management system and professional development services. Our digital education and innovation specialists work hand-in-hand with key decision makers in school districts and organizations to put together fully customized solutions to help students in and out of the classroom.
Our Teaching and Learning Center provides:
- Full-scale learning management system hosting solutions for school districts
- Cutting-edge professional development
- Presentations on modern educational technology topics for administrators, teachers, parents and students
What can we do for you?
- Moodle Hosting: We can help you offset your infrastructure and personnel investments by moving your Moodle installation off of your network and onto our state-of-the-art Windows-based cloud. We can provide full installation, support and management. To keep your installation on your network, we also offer remote support and administration for LAMP, WAMP and WIMP installations.
- Online Learning and Course Design: Are you looking for new content for your Moodle installation? We can help! Whether you need pre-built professional development courses for your teachers or training on how to build and facilitate online courses in pure online or blended environments, our highly-qualified learning specialists can provide everything you need to create powerful learning experiences for teachers and students.
- Customized Training: Customized educational technology staff development for districts and/or campuses. We specialize in safety and support trainings on topics like:
- Keeping students safe online
- Social media use and the law
- Digital citizenship
- Professional Development Workshops: Browse our catalog for upcoming workshops at HCDE and unique online professional development opportunities
David McGeary is the manager of innovation for the Teaching and Learning Center at HCDE. He holds multiple degrees from the University of Texas at Austin and, before joining HCDE in 2008, McGeary spent five years as a science teacher and one year as an instructional support specialist in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD. His achievements include being named Teacher of the Year in 2007.
David McGeary, Manager of Innovation