Child Care Quality Improvement - Professional Development Scholarship
The After-School Achievement Program (ASAP), is pleased to announce an opportunity to provide a limited number of Houston area child care practitioners a Professional Development Scholarship to attend at least one or all three of the following conferences:
- Beyond School Hours Conference: February 26-29, 2020, Orlando, FL
- National Afterschool Association Convention: March 15-18, 2020, Washington, DC
- Best Out Of School Time Conference (BOOST): April 28 - May 1, 2020, Palms Springs, CA
- The Professional Development Scholarship is made available only to Child Care Directors managing licensed child care programs in the Houston area.
- ASAP will accept only two (2) applications per site.
- Applicant must have an existing afterschool program; serving youth ages 5 – 13.
- Applicant child care license must be in good standing with the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services (TDFPS). ASAP will not accept licenses that are currently in probation status.
- Applicant must be available to attend the entire conference, and register for the Site Visits provided as part of the conference to local schools/programs scheduled.
- This is a reimbursement scholarship; thus applicants must have the initial resources to cover the cost and submit an expense reconciliation report to the ASAP office no later than 10- working days returning from the conference.
- Deadline date to submit invoice expense reconciliation report for each conference is as follows:
- March 13, 2020 – Beyond Schools Hours Conference
- April 3, 2020 – National Afterschool Association Convention
- May 15, 2020 – Best Out Of School Time (BOOST) Conference.
- Applicants may request a scholarship in the amount not to exceed $2,000 per conference. Funds will support travel costs, lodging, meals (not to exceed GSA daily per diem) and conference fees only.
- For Example:
- 1 child care staff x $2,000 x 3 conferences = $6,000
- 2 child care staff x $2,000 x 3 conferences = $12,000
- For Example:
- To apply, Child Care Director must complete and submit the following items in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be accepted:
- Application Information Form
- Scholarship Narrative (not to exceed 1 page in length)
- Deadline date for submittal: Wednesday January 22, 2020
- Applicants package must be submitted to the ASAP office located at 6200 Wheeler, Bldg. 3, Houston, TX 77023. Package must be clearly labeled “ASAP Child Care Quality Improvement - Professional Development Scholarship”
- Applicants will be notified of scholarship opportunity within 10 working days of receipt of the application. If your organization is currently not a vendor with the City of Houston prior to accepting the scholarship you must sign up as a City of Houston Vendor online at http://purchasing.houstontx.gov/index.shtml
Click HERE to download the application