Employee Benefits Include:
- Health and Family Benefits
- Health Insurance – Aetna (TRS Active Care)
- Dental Insurance – MetLife DHMO or UNUM PPO
- Vision Insurance – Davis Vision
- Fortegra Auto
- Hospital Indemnity - MetLife
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Accident Plan – MetLife
- iLOCK 360 Identity Protection
- Prepaid Legal Service – Hyatt/Metlife Legal Plan
- Employee Assistance Program for free counseling services
- Access to Benefits Online
- Access to ActiveCare Aetna
- Financial Protection
- Life Insurance – Unum
- Disability Insurance – Standard Disability
- Tax Deferred – 403(b) and 457 - TCG Services
- Teacher Retirement System – TRS
- Social Security
- Personal Leave and Vacation
- Personal Leave Benefits – Full-time employees working 10, 11, or 12-month schedules earn one personal leave day each month after working at least 10 days within the month.
- Vacation Days – Full-time employees working 12-month schedules (240 days) receive 10 vacation days. Employees who have at least 10 years of service with HCDE receive 15 vacation days per year.
Working at HCDE
Harris County Department of Education is a full-service provider of education resources. Our primary clients include school districts, citizens, municipalities, and non-profit entities across and beyond Harris County. We employ administrators, teachers, substitute teachers, therapists, paraprofessionals, custodial employees and others. Applications are accepted and processed throughout the year.
It is our Board Policy for all new hires to undergo a background and fingerprint check prior to start of a job. For certain positions, an official transcript from school or university is also required.
HCDE employees may access e-mail from any internet browser using the O365 Cloud. Login at https://outlook.office365.com using your HCDE email address and password.
Please contact the HCDE Helpdesk at email@example.com for assistance.
HCDE employees that currently have VPN access may login securely at https://hcdevpn.hcde-texas.org. If you have not accessed VPN before and wish to do so, please contact the Help Desk at (713) 696-1300.
HCDE INTRANET (PORTAL)
To access the HCDE portal from outside our network follow these two steps:
To login type your HCDE user name and password. Prefix your HCDE user name with hcdemain\, for example, if your user name is rsmith you will type hcdemain\rsmith as your user name.
For technical assistance, contact the Technology Helpdesk by calling 713-696-1300.