2019 - 2020 School Year
- Send one district representative to one threat assessment train-the-trainer professional staff development offered twice a year by the Center for Safe and Secure Schools.
- Send two district representatives to any NIMS 100,200, 700, 800 training offered by the Center for Safe and Secure Schools three time a year (fall, spring, and summer).
- Center members will have access to quarterly webinars that focus on the topics of school safety/security or emergency operations planning best practices.
- Center members will be offered the opportunity to participate in two tabletop exercises offered by the Center for Safe and Secure Schools twice a year (fall/spring).
- Center members receive a 20% discount on registration fees to any workshop or conference offered by the Center for Safe and Secure Schools during the school year or summer.
- Center members will have the opportunity to attend quarterly networking operations board meetings that focus on information sharing and best practices in the area of emergency operation planning and safety/security.
- Center members will receive a certificate of membership and public recognition of their participation in the Center for Safe and Secure Schools at their local board of education meeting.
- The Center for Safe and Secure Schools will recognize one Center member quarterly for their innovative and comprehensive practices in school safety/security and emergency operations planning. A press release and board presentation will be made to recognize award recipients.
- Center members will receive a monthly newsletter that will highlight emergency operations planning best practices, school safety and security news, and upcoming professional development opportunities offered by the Center for Safe and Secure Schools beginning in the month of August 2019.
- Center members will receive a school safety “tip of the week” during the 2019-2020 school year.
- Center members will a have access to monthly two-way radio checks beginning in the month of August 2019.
PROMO CODES: For districts that are members of HCDE’s Center for Safe and Secure Schools, there is no cost to send two representatives to any NIMS training offered when you enter a promo code.
Contact Artillia Haughton at email@example.com or 713-696-0771 for promo code. Each additional representative from member districts pays a discounted fee.
Current Center Members:
*Charter/Private School Members
Current Partner Agencies/Organizations include:
- City of Houston Mayor’s Office of Public Safety and Homeland Security
- City of Houston Mayor’s Office of Emergency Management
- City of Houston Department of Health and Human Resources
- Harris County Judge’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Harris County Public Health and Environmental Services
- Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office
- Harris County Sheriff’s Office
- FBI-Houston Field Office
- U.S. Secret Service-Houston Field Office
- Port of Houston Authority
- State of Texas Division of Emergency Management
- Texas Department of State Health Services